Guest Rooms, Common Areas and Amenities
Upon entering the Judge Porter House your eyes will be drawn to one of two beautiful German cut crystal chandeliers. Please take a moment and sign the guest book located on the petticoat table or relax on one of the rosewood upholstered chairs.
Next to the Entrance Hall is the Downstairs Parlor which is the home to the second German cut crystal chandeliers. Relax by the fireplace in a sleepy hollow chair or browse the latest current magazines on the empire sofa.
At the Judge Porter House we have four unique guest bedrooms inside the house all with spacious private bathrooms. The Judge Porter guest room is the first room you come to and is just off the parlor. From the entrance hall through the dining room you will arrive at the Garden guest room. It features a private entrance with a large balcony overlooking the Judge Porter House gardens.
From the entrance hall, you can ascend the staircase which will lead you to the New Orleans and Princess guest rooms that are located upstairs and on opposite sides of the house with a large upstairs parlor in between.
The upstairs parlor is furnished with your comfort in mind, the Queen Anne camel back sofas are perfect for conversation and is popular with families or friends traveling together. This parlor is accessible to the New Orleans and Princes guest bedrooms and is stocked with a great selection of books and games. All guests can access the second story wrap around gallery from this room.
The fifth guest room is actually a separate Guest House, with over 600 square feet of living space. This charming romantic cottage has a cozy working fireplace in a spacious sitting area which overlooks the lovely landscaped gardens. It is located next to the Judge Porter House and faces Second Street.
All of our Guest rooms have these complimentary amenities:
- Bedside Butter mints
- Soft drinks (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite)
- Bottled Water
- Assortment of teas, Hot chocolate, Spiced apple cider
- Keurig Coffee Assortment (Regular and Decaf)
Other features in each room:
- Flat Screen Televisions with Cable (54 channels)
- 100% cotton sheets
- English Gilchrist and Soames Spa Collection (Aloe Vera skin care, Mineral Bath Shower Gel, , Conditioning Shampoo)
- Keurig Coffee maker
- Hair dryers
- Iron and ironing board
- Large spacious private bathrooms
- Ceiling fans
- Ice buckets
- Wine Glasses
- Museum quality antiques
- Custom drapes
Other Features on the property:
- Zoned central air and heat with thermostats in each guest room
- Downstairs wet bar with ice machine and refrigerator
- Two parlors (upstairs and downstairs)
- Refrigerator in upstairs parlor
- Brochure rack with area information
- (2) First floor rooms to choose from
- For maximum privacy no rooms share a common wall
- Fire and security systems
- Private off street parking
- Sumptuous multi-course breakfast
- Upstairs and downstairs gallery seating